As a AAA member, you are guaranteed much more than just quality auto repair. AAA Approved Auto Repair Facilities not only meet AAA’s tough performance standards while providing reliable and courteous customer service they are also required to provide members with:
- Free Maintenance Inspection- As a AAA member you can take your vehicle to any of our AAA Approved Auto Repair Facilities and we will perform a free 24-point inspection of your vehicle upon your request and provide you with a written recommendation for any needed maintenance or repairs on your vehicle a ($24.95 value).
- 12-Month/12,000-Mile Warranty- Most repairs that are performed at an Approved Auto Repair facilities, unless otherwise noted, include a minimum of 12 months or 12,000 miles warranty on parts and labor. For your peace of mind
- Returned Parts- When we replace parts on your vehicle, with your request the old parts will be returned to you as long as they do not have to be sent back to the manufacturer for warranty or exchange.
- Guaranteed Estimate- AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities will always provide guaranteed verbal and or written estimates (local and state regulations take precedence regarding notification of repair costs).
Using a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility ensures that the technicians employed are ASE certified in the areas of repairs they perform; the shop meets AAA’s requirements for manpower, equipment, and insurance; and most of all, the shop has met AAA’s high standards for customer service.
SAVE 10% ON LABOR BY SHOWING US YOUR AAA CARD (10% Labor Discount up to a Maximum of $100)
Only a small percentage (around 1.5%) of all repair shops meet the AAA standards and become an Approved Auto Repair Shop. It’s a process that requires transparency and honesty while seeking AAA approval. The process goes like this:
- AAA Performs Surveys: Upon initial application, AAA representatives make a personal visit to the shop and survey the business. They poll customers about their satisfaction with the service received, and a shop must score a 94% satisfaction rating or higher.
- AAA Tours Repair Facility: The representatives ensure proper, modern equipment is present. They check the overall condition and state of the facility.
- AAA Interviews the Repair Techs: AAA ensures that the repair technicians are ASE Certified in every repair area that the repair facility performs. The ASE Certifications show that the shop’s mechanics are highly skilled. AAA also checks to ensure that there are Master Technicians on staff. A Master Technician is someone who is certified in every area of the ASE Certification scope.
- AAA Checks the Shop’s Credibility: AAA checks to ensure the shop carries the proper liability insurance, and perform checks to ensure the business is ethical, credible, and trustworthy.
Verdict: On-site checks and customer polling along says a lot. This is no mail-order certification! There is quite a bit that goes into the AAA certification.